Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Settler Accused of Shooting at Rock-Thrower (I Would Have Done the Same Thing)!


On December 30th, the state prosecution submitted an accusatory statement against Yosef Ohana, a 43-year old resident of Nokdim (Judea). He’s accused of conscientiously causing great bodily harm to a young Arab, having shot him after the latter pelted his car with stones.

According to the accusatory statement, Ohana sharply put on his breaks after the boy began stoning his car. He stepped out of his car, and shot at the stone-thrower. The boy was hit in the head, which led to untreatable brain damage.

Thanks so much to Miriam Gurov of Nokdim who wrote the following on her Facebook status (translation mine):

Йоси и Эсти Охана - мои соседи. Йоси интеллигентный и милый человек. Отец большого семейства. Просто довели эти кидальщики камней. Вы понимаете, какое это блядское чувство - страха и бессилия, когда в тебя летит камень? У меня защищенная машина, и то страшно! На двери со стороны водителя у меня - три выбоины от камней. Я не стреляла ни разу, потому что вдовам погибших не выдают разрешение на оружие. В последнее время про камнеметания на нашей дороге даже не сообщают в новостях, если нету жертв. Это мерзко, что мы не можем защищаться.

Yossi and Esti Ohana are my neighbors. Yossi is an intelligent, nice young man. He’s the father of a large family. These stone throwers have exhausted our patience. Can you imagine the feeling of fear and helplessness when stones are flying at you? I have a protected car, and I’m still afraid! My driver’s side door has three holes as a result of stones being thrown at my car. I’ve never shot at them because widows of murdered Jews aren’t allowed to carry weapons. No one has been reporting stonings on our road lately—unless there have been casualties. The fact that we can’t defend ourselves is reprehensible.

 

3 comments:

  1. блядское чувство - what happened to you language police, why didn't you admonish her?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for following my blog, Mike! I guess I had my language blinders on when I read that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been exploring for a little for any high-quality articles
    or weblog posts on this sort of house . Exploring in Yahoo I ultimately stumbled upon this web site.
    Studying this info So i am glad to exhibit
    that I've an incredibly excellent uncanny feeling I came upon exactly
    what I needed. I most indisputably will make sure to do not put out of your mind this site and provides it a glance
    regularly.

    Look at my website; Orange County Employment Agencies

    ReplyDelete

Newer Post Older Post Home